Forthcoming Deanery musical events:
Bishop’s Waltham Deanery Newsletter 7 ~
|I hope you all had a good break over the summer, despite the very varied weather, and that you are full of energy and enthusiasm as we embark not only on Live Pray Serve encouraging us in mission but also participate in and use the tools for mission provided by LyCiG (Leading your Church Into Growth). I believe that all of us dearly want to see our churches grow, not only in number but also in our sense of God’s purpose for us as individuals and as congregations. I hope that priests and people will avail themselves of the opportunities that the Deanery is offering in order to grow.
Rev Gregg Mensingh
is for all mission–focussed people in Bishop’s Waltham Deanery
including Clergy, Lay Ministers, PCC members and Mission Teams.
Please book a place NOW – email email@example.com
…..there’s no charge……
The vision is to encourage and equip you to grow in numbers, in spirituality and in mission commitment to your community and the wider world
It should provide some TOOLS to help implement the Deanery Framework
and your Parish Plans.
It’s all about helping churches make a difference in their local community and further afield through—
- Learning key biblical teachings on growth
- Discussion, questioning and applying these to their situations
- Becoming inspired and motivated
- Making decisions and implement plans
- Developing new ways of working
- Resolving to stick with plans, reviewing and adapting as they go
The six-week course starts on 15 January 2018
Weekly on MONDAYs – 15, 22 and 29 January and
5, 19 and 26 February (NOT 12 February—half term)
At Rookesbury Hall, Church Road, Newtown, PO17 6LE
Coffee and Biscuits from 7.15 with course running from 7.30 to 9.00pm.
|Dates for Deanery Meetings|
|Mission & Pastoral Committee
Wednesday 22 November deferred from 5 September
Monday 18 September
Tuesday 24 October
Rev Canon Graham Morris is shortly visiting Ghana and will be developing contacts for our new Deanery Clusters for Parishes to work with in Wiawso. A meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 7 November for the Clusters to meet with him and discuss next steps and how to link with Wiawso schools and Parishes.
Hackney Prayer Walk
The Walk of Prayer went very well on Saturday 12 August. Ten people from 3 Parishes met John and Rachel Willard; their move to Dalston in 1987 was the catalyst for the start of the Link. Over the 4 mile walk, friends from 5 of the 7 church partners were met and presentations were given by St John’s Hoxton Youth Leader, Julian (Street Life Youth project) and Daniel Sandham (Youth Pilgrimage to Walsingham). At each of the churches visited, there was singing, prayer and bible readings. It was clear that while our gifts were very much appreciated, what mattered most was that sisters and brothers from rural Hampshire cared about what Christians in East London were doing to witness to their faith. The walk ended with a warm welcome from Area Dean Rosemia and the newly elected Lay Chair, Antonio, who said how pleased he was that his first official duty was to share in this worship.
|Deanery Framework ~ Update
Ø The “Deanery Framework” (formerly Deanery Plan) remains a living document; no updates have been yet been added.
Ø If you have any comments or case studies to add, please pass them on to the to the Deanery Administrator.
Around our Deanery
- Rev Samantha Martell is now in role as Assistant Curate Meon Bridge Benefice.
- The Benefice of Soberton and Newtown and the Parish of Hambledon continue conversations around the future pattern of ministry.
- Deanery Administrator Vacancy – the current Administrator is stepping down after 3 years (end of March 2018); the new role will be stipendiary, working flexibly 40 hours a month. More details from the Lay Chair, Norman Chapman (norman@ soberton.org.uk).
What’s on in the Deanery?
- Live Pray Serve – Meon Archdeaconry Meeting on 27 September at St John’s Fareham for all Clergy and PCC members.
- Deanery Confirmation at St Peter’s Bishops Waltham on Sunday 1 October at 5pm. Contact Rev James Hunt for details
- A Dramatised Recital of St Mark’s Gospel on Tuesday 21st November by Gerald Osborne at 7.00pm, Church of Our Lady Queen of Apostles, Martin Street, Bishops Waltham SO32 1DN. All welcome, entry free. “This is a compelling event…..with faith provoking words….Don’t miss it.” Prebendary Edward Mason, Rector of Bath Abbey.
Next Newsletter – January 2018…….Any items for inclusion or comments to Jane Beardmore, Deanery Administrator on Bwdeanery@gmail.com